Thursday 19 May 2011

Breakfast

This problem seems to plague me every once in a while.  What to eat for breakfast?  My old standbys are a thing of the past.  Muffins, cereal, cake, cookies, banana bread, yogurt, doughnuts.  I especially found it difficult when on my cleanse in which I eliminated sugar, corn and peanuts.  It forced me to branch out.  I have noticed that without breakfast I get really really cranky.

I have found a new love in nut butters.  I started with peanut butter on rice cakes.  Then almond butter, then cashew butter.  Now almond/hazelnut butter.  There are soo many awesome combinations of nuts. Yum!  I also add fresh fruit or honey to sweeten it up.



Then there is cereal.  I choose Nature's Path Corn Flakes (sweetened with honey) with Almond Breeze.  Also Nature's Path Crisp Rice.  I have also taken to adding quinoa flakes, coconut and raisins.


Another thing I just remembered:  creamed corn!  So warm and yummy and thickened with corn starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment