Monday 2 May 2011

Mini Meatloaves

It took me a while to use ground meat.  As a child we would have ground beef at least twice a week.  Lately I have been making a lot of meat balls.  They are quite nice but they always end up so small, kinda crumbly or really over done.  This time I thought I'd try mini meatloves.  I got a mini loaf pan for christmas.  I love my mini loaf pan :)  It's the perfect size for a serving of meat.  Pictured with stir fried  cabbage/mushrooms/soya sauce and diced/roasted yams.


2 packages of dark ground turkey
2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 cup of diced celery
2 tbsp of egg replacer with 3 tbsp of water (mixed together, then added)
Thyme, parsley, sage, pepper (sorry I didn't remember to keep track of the quantities)

I had to cook for about 45 minutes at 350 (I cooked it until my meat thermometer said it was ready)  Should maybe brown the top next time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment