Wednesday 12 October 2011

Moxies in Lethbridge :)

We (and by we I mean I) decided that we wanted to go swimming.  It was a sunny September day and I wanted to try out my new swimsuit before vacation in January.  We were in Claresholm and we contemplated a few places, every place that had outdoor swimming was at least an hour away.  We decided on Park Lake Provincial Park because we could then go out for supper afterwards in Lethbridge when we were done.  The ambient temperature was beautiful; I never thought that the water temperature wouldn't be beautiful.  It was so unbelievably cold.  Didn't really get to try out the swimsuit, just a quick dunk but it was fun and worth the trip.

I found Moxies by going on my phone searching for gluten free Lethbridge while we were driving into town.  I found a list and Moxies was on it.  I have to admit, I was disheartened when I first got there.  There was no gluten-free menu.  The waitress said to just pick something off the menu and we will check with the kitchen.  So I stared at the menu.  I contemplated leaving.  Every item had something in it that I couldn't eat.  After a while the waitress came back and I told her that I felt lost looking at the menu.  Then the manager came over.  I told him my sensitivities, allergies and intolerances.  Then he did something wonderful.  He started communicating with the kitchen staff over his ear piece.  We went back and forth and they came up with a wonderful meal for me, checking the ingredients with input from the kitchen and myself.  The manager also had a great grasp on what was in each dish already, I would never have guessed that their jasmine rice had onions in it.  I had a wonderful maple salmon with steamed asparagus and a side salad with oil to use as a dressing.  It was delicious.  It was safe.  I was happy.  It inspired me to start using maple on my meat.

I would recommend that Moxies to anyone with special food needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment