Saturday 17 September 2011

Yummy Dinner, Yummy Leftovers


It was soo good that the picture had to go first.  I decided that I needed to eat up the things in my fridge.  I am trying to prevent throwing out any food or leftovers.

I had carrots, zuchini, mushrooms, daiya cheddar style shreds in the fridge, thick rice noodles in the pantry and steak in the freezer.

Boiled the carrots in the microwave (they were a bit dry).
Zuchini with some coconut oil on the BBQ
Mushrooms with some coconut oil, sage and parsley in foil on the BBQ
Steak with parsley and rosemary on the BBQ (can you tell I like the BBQ?)
The thick rice noodles are from superstore in the asian section, first time I had used the thick ones and I like them.

Cheese sauce.  I had to start twice cuz the first one didn't work.  Working with almond milk and gluten-free flour is challenging.  It got clumpy the first time, and the cheese style shreds thicken the sauce as well.  So lesson learnt.  Melt 3 tbsp of crisco, stir in 3 tsp corn starch and 3 tsp potatoe flour, add almond milk really slowly to avoid clumping, like 1/4 c at a time, I think I used 3 cups, when sauce is a little runny stir in 2 c of cheese style shreds, then wait for it to melt on low, it will take a while, stir a lot, maybe add some more almond milk, let it sit for a while.  I added lavender and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment