Friday 2 September 2011

Tacos!

Last night I got inspired after work, mind you I was at work until 8 pm.  I found some great gluten-free, white corn tortillas at Planet Organic.  I also had some ground beef from an independent Alberta farm in my freezer so I decided on tacos.  I even found some dairy and casien free "cheese", it's even soy free.

So we have white corn tortillas, spinach, guacamole (avocado & lemon) and daiya mozzarella style shreds.  The meat is 1 package of ground beef, 1 can of chick peas, kale stems, celery, cumin, oregano, paprika, pepper, salt and chili flakes.  Very yummy.  And the "cheese" was even good too.  I paired it with corn roasted on the BBQ and kale chips.
Kale chips were really easy: kale, olive oil and salt baked on parchment paper.  Make sure to coat both sides of the kale with oil or it doesn't turn out as good.


1 comment:

  1. I just about forgot that I added yummy bacon into the taco meat. :)

    ReplyDelete