Monday 12 August 2013

Elk and Oarsman - Banff

We went on a hike up to Johnston's Canyon and went all the way to the inkpots.  It was supposed to be a light hike as it was Roger's first hike in the mountains.  We got a bit later start as one of the hikers was working in Banff that day.

Once the hike was done we ventured into Banff for supper.  We got in around  9:30 so we were pleasantly surprised that the kitchen was still open at the Elk and Oarsman as it was mid week.  I had been here in the past and was impressed with their ability to feed me with my unique diet.  They went above and beyond this time.  I got a lamb shank with a red wine reduction on a bed of potatoes.  Delicious!  I also had a pear cider.  Such a refreshing flavour and a nice change from apple cider.




No comments:

Post a Comment