Sunday 11 August 2013

Gourmet Camping

It has been quite a while since I have been camping.  I was excited to get out.  Then I realized that I didn't know what I could bring to eat!  I had not been on a big camping trip since my diet change.

Of course there was steak and potatoes.  We (Cole) premixed the spices and pre-packaged the potatoes with oil and spices.  We used a grill toaster and cooked the steak over the fire.  Oh and we had salad on the side with oil and balsamic vinegar.


The next meal was salmon steaks (again done on the grill over the fire) pre-marinated by Cole.  Then another salad with balsamic and olive oil.  Next we cooked some tasty rice pasta with spinach and peppers and used this oil and vinegar bread dip that I got when travelling in the Okanagan.  Paired it all with some delicious Cherry wine from a farmer's market and it was a tasty meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment